Recognizing the importance of applying best practices in course identification, design, development, delivery and measurement, the Office also offers free access to Educational Consulting experts to advise Course Directors on best practices in continuing education and professional development, program development/design (needs assessment, objectives, education/learning formats), evaluation strategies and other essential components of accreditation/sponsorship - all consistent with delivering outcome-based continuous learning experiences
The Office understands that the design and development of continuing education – especially in the dynamic field of healthcare – involves leveraging a distinct set of skills, and represents a unique area of expertise which includes knowledge of adult and organizational learning principles, systematic educational design and evaluation methodologies. In order to support Course Directors we offer the following services to better enable them in the delivery of outcome-based continuous learning experiences:
- Program design: support and training for needs assessment methodologies, writing learning objectives, choosing effective methodologies and developing evaluation strategies
- Accreditation process: assistance with the CEPD course proposal system and facilitation of the accreditation process, ensuring that courses meet the standards for U of T accreditation and sponsorship, which should ultimately expedite the accreditation process for Course Directors.
- Specialized training: teaching, audience interaction and facilitation techniques for both small and large group situations
- One-on-one coaching: personalized training for presentation and facilitation skills
- Special interest learning modules: topics include effecting and measuring change; developing communities of practice; advanced needs analysis techniques; identifying and working with educational influencers; practice-based learning and outcomes measurement
The expertise available through our Educational Consultants ensures that important health issues and learning best practices are identified, understood and addressed in program design and delivery, in order to foster improved health outcomes.
Given the changing demographic of healthcare professionals – and therefore how they “learn” – combined with ongoing developments in learning techniques and best practices in general, the services of our Educational Consultants could be an invaluable resource to Course Directors.
To learn more about our Educational Consulting services, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org .
To learn more about the Office’s extensive research and scholarship offerings, and how they might benefit you, please contact: email@example.com .