The Office of CEPD’s extensive experience means we understand the policies and intricacies of the accreditation process. We can be a valuable resource, navigator and facilitator for Course Directors, helping them expedite the accreditation process.
The Office’s goal is to support and enable Course Directors to be able to better plan and implement continuing education activities. Beyond the power of the U of T brand, and the value this carries, Course Directors have access to a wide variety of free services that will support and enable them, which enhances the academic outcome of the continuing education activities they are delivering. These services include access to our knowledge hub, online tools, event management services, awards and grants, and other benefits.
Course Directors have free access to the Office of CEPD’s knowledge hub for knowledge translation, knowledge sharing and knowledge transfer in order to support Course Directors in the research, design and delivery of innovative, accredited continuous learning experiences.
- As part of Knowledge Translation, free access to key research to ensure that important health issues and learning best practices are identified, understood and addressed in program design and delivery.
- As part of Knowledge Transfer and Sharing, free access to literature searches in continuing education, knowledge translation and related areas through the Research and Development Resource Base (RDRB) – a world-class searchable literature database.
- As part of Knowledge Transfer, free access to Educational Consulting expertise to advise Course Directors on best practices in continuing education and professional development, program development/design (needs assessment, objectives, education/learning formats), evaluation strategies and other essential components of accreditation/sponsorship – all consistent with delivering outcome-based continuous learning experiences.
Course Directors have access to the Office of CEPD’s unique state-of-the-art web-based event management system and online tools for accreditation and abstract management, which facilitate and expedite the accreditation process:
- They can submit their course material for accreditation and sponsorship using this system, which distributes the material to the peer reviewers and facilitates an iterative process for discussing course design, resulting in a faster review process and more rapid responses to the Course Directors.
- They can also access scientific abstracts for their events through the Abstract Management System.
- They can use the Office’s online registration management services, which create records of registrant CE profiles and activities, automatically generate documentation letters for accreditation for attendees, and link with the CFPC and RCPSC membership profiles to allow for permission-based automatic transfer of continuing education credits (registrants simply need to provide their national college ID number), thereby eliminating the administrative burden on Course Directors
Event Management Services
Course Directors can also access the Office’s deep expertise in event management, logistics and services for the execution of world-class programs and conferences for healthcare professionals locally, nationally and internationally. This includes access to our state-of-the-art web-based event management system that features industry-standard PCI compliant secure credit card processing, as well as a secure database integrating various components of an event into an online environment.
Awards & Grants
Course Directors have access to U of T Faculty of Medicine awards & grants, including grants for travel and continuing education R&D, and eligibility for U of T Faculty of Medicine continuing education awards. Award recipients are acknowledged each year at the Annual Educational Achievement Celebration hosted by the Faculty of Medicine.
Commercial Support Guidance
The Office is also well-poised to provide Course Directors with guidance on the effective management of relationships between private for-profit entities and the Faculty and its faculty, staff, students and residents, consistent with the Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto’s policy on commercial support, which is applicable for all Educational and Research activities.
Other benefits to Course Directors include:
- Free promotion on the Office of CEPD web site (www.cepd.utoronto.ca)
- Free advice regarding event timing and placement to avoid possible conflicts, and maximize attendance
- GST exemption for registration fees due to the U of T educational umbrella policy for course fees
The reputation of Course Directors is further strengthened because the healthcare professionals attending their programs are guaranteed a more effective learning experience, which will result in better knowledge transfer, empowering them to drive improved health outcomes for their patients.
To learn more about the accreditation process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org .
To learn more about the Office’s extensive programs and services, and how they might benefit you, please contact: email@example.com .